A delicious, classic chili with beans, herbs, spices, and beef. Serves 10.
- 2 lbs. ground beef
- 46 oz. tomato juice
- 30 oz. tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 cups diced onion
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/4 cup diced bell pepper
- 1/4 cup ground chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon white sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne
- 2 cups red beans, without liquid
- Cook meat over medium-high until evenly browned. Drain and put aside.
- Combine all of the ingredients in to a large pot. Bring to a boil, then immediately reduce the heat and let simmer for one to one and a half hours, stirring regularly.